My primary provider, cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Endocrinologist, physical therapist, and pain management providers all suggest drastic measures or I'm looking at another heart attack, stroke, more intense pain than I already have from severe arthritis, joint erosion, diabetes, COPD or CHF, immobility, and shortened life in general.
Is there a way to become eligible for coverage for something your insurance says it don't cover?
When insurance denies coverage for bariatric surgery, there are several steps you can take. First, speak with your healthcare provider's office about the exact diagnosis and procedure codes they submitted. Sometimes, coverage denials happen due to incorrect coding or documentation. You can then contact your insurance Show Full Answer
I did send a message to my primary asking her to see about appealing it, and also having her contact the insurance provider and my care team about medical necessity and what it would take to be covered. I don't want surgery, but I cannot seem to lose much weight on my own. I lost 50 pounds, but that's not enough.
A lady had told me if your doctor writes a letter to the insurance company saying you need the surgery then they may okay it but I'm not for sure cuz it's been a while since she told me that things might have changed since then