How do you practice self-love? It's a question that's often explored by those of us living with obesity. Some days are hard, some days we fail, and some days we just need to forgive and extend love to ourselves. But how?
On MyObesityTeam, the social network and online support group for those living with obesity, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Self-love is one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are a few question-and-answer threads about self-love:
• How do you handle a spouse (family member, friend) who is too supportive and understanding?
• Just joined the group. I'm 560 pounds, and miserable.
Here are some conversations about self-love:
• I know from experience if I let myself get depressed over other people's attitudes or lack of compassion, then I will stay stuck.
• We need to try to look at the positive, even when we take a few steps back.
• If I can approach myself with love and acceptance instead of judgment and blaming, it makes all the difference in the world.
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to MyObesityTeam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.